Ebay Finds: Makeup Brushes Under 4$!

by - August 30, 2018

At this point in my life, I think that it's safe to say that I do have a pretty big brush collection. Over the past six years I've been buying, trying and collecting makeup brushes just for the sake of doing my makeup, however, being the "budget girl" that I am, I have to admit that I have yet to splurge on makeup brushes, why? well, because you can always find a cheaper option online that is an acceptable quality to play with and sometimes you can find some REALLY good quality for a cheaper price, seems crazy but it is true. Saying that there is always the chance that what you get might not be what you'd expect, but for under 4$ is worth the try, right?




Where do I find the majority of these brushes? eBay is the answer. I'm not really sure why makeup brushes on eBay are SO cheap, but I'll take it. The downside about it is that they do take between two to a month to arrive, or even more. These past six years I've come across some really amazing makeup brushes and I wanted to share with you the brushes that I recommend and the ones that I'd skip if I had to buy them again.






1. Wool Rattan Blush/Bronzer Brush (NARS Yachiyo brush dupe): 2.07$


I gotta say that this brush makes me feel angry. I'm gonna be straight-up honest here guys and tell you that the only reason why I bought this brush was that I saw someone recommend the original Yahiyo brush and I was like "I definitely need that shape of a brush in my life". Hint: I didn't. I have an average small face and this is a quite big brush. The hairs are not soft at all and every time I wash this, the water comes straight up black which makes me feel very unsure about the materials that this is made from, and on top of that, this brush sheds a lot. As this is a rip-off, it doesn't have the same finish as the original brush, so definitely looks cheaper and weird. This is NOT a brush that everybody needs on their collection, at least not the chinese cheaper version of it.


2. Double-Ended Bamboo Eyebrow brush: 0.81$


I'm someone who is very practical, so I was looking for a double-sided brush to save a little bit of space in my makeup bag. I have one problem with this brush and it is that the angled side brush is too bulky, it's dense enough, tho. I need a fine brush that will allow me to do the most "natural" hair strokes, and this is not the brush for that. However, I do use the angled brush to blend the concealer around my eyebrows ... But definitely wouldn't recommend it for filling your actual eyebrows. The spoolie is good, but nothing overwhelming.


3. Double-Sided Bamboo Foundation Contouring Brush: 2.06$


Again, I like double-sided brushes because in my mind I'm saving space. This brush is good. Hasn't shed at all and after many washes still holds its shape. The kabuki side is angled, which I like, and it's dense enough to blend foundation nicely. The other side of the brush is my absolute favorite brush for applying cream contour. Blends everything really nicely and allows you to apply the product exactly where you want it. The downside of it is that with mine, the handles came broken so I had to glue them again, and I'm having a really hard time removing the foundation from the flat brush, which now I realize that it might be made with natural bristles and it is not intended to use with cream products... Therefore, that is why it's a nightmare to remove the foundation from it. I should have seen that coming.



4. Flat Foundation Brush: 1.19$


I was really skeptical about this brush, but since I tried it, I haven't used any other brush for applying my foundation. Is dense enough to buff the foundation and leaves a very nice finish on the skin. This has not shed after I washed it which surprised me a lot. Easy to wash and very easy to work with. The bristles are soft but the brush is dense enough to buff the foundation nicely. Definitely will try other types of brushes from this line.


5. Blush/Bronzer Brush: 0.99$


When I first purchased this brush, my original idea was that this brush was going to be supposedly good for applying powder highlight. My surprise when it came was that it was not as small as I thought it was in the pictures... So, instead of a highlight brush, I have a blush brush. From all of the brushes that I've purchased, this is the only one that has a plastic handle, which makes it feel very cheap (the price that it was, tbh). I already used it, but was not impressed.  Didn't shed after I washed it and overall is an OK brush but since it was not what I was looking for, definitely will not repurchase it again, although it will look very pretty in pictures.


Small Eye Brush Set :; 3.25$



Honestly, when I brought these brushes I had no idea that they were going to be so useful to me. They have small handles, which I don't mind because I have small hands anyways. They don't shed, and work wonderfully with creams and powder products. This set contains both synthetic and natural fibers brushes. I can't find the listing, anymore, but if you spot them, definitely buy them because these are SO GOOD when you're starting to do makeup. They are so good quality that it's insane that they are so cheap.







These are my eBay Finds in their brush version. Have you ever bought a brush from there? Do you have any recommendations? Leave me your opinions in the comments below!

You May Also Like

1 Comments