5 DIYs To Do This Week of Self Isolation!

by - March 27, 2020



Hello everybody! Hope your 11th day (or whatever day that is it for you) of quarantine is going easy and smooth for you all. Since we’ve been having more time than usual laying around our house and working, I though that I would share some simple DIY’s that you could do this weekend at home. I have tried all of this DIY’s myself, so I tell you, these projects are fairly easy and I can tell because I consider myself like a beginner DIYer, so if you’re feeling like doing something, maybe you could give this ones a try!


01. DIY MAKEUP BAG



I’ve been doing makeup bags for me and to gift to other people for years! They are so easy to do and require minimal sewing skills. Tutorials are a great way to go because you simply follow the steps and you might not know how you did it, but you did it, which is what counts at the end, right?

The makeup bag pictured above is like one step more difficult to do, so here I am sharing an easier DIY bag. However, if you feel like going a little bit more difficult, then here’s the tutorial I used.



Since you may be running a little low on supplies, one thing you could do is recycle an old bag that you no longer use or that is in bad condition, remove the zipper and reuse it. I’ve done this many times before and it does really works! When you’re at home without being able to go out, recycling seems like the only way!














02. DIY PEYOTE STITCH RING




I recently did thistechnique and it was nice and soothing, it helped me with my anxiety and the result was very cute. Since I didn’t have all of the supplies I had to improvise a little bit, with a regular sewing needle, and sewing thread and some bead that I had, but needless to say that it worked, although I would have loved to have silver or golden beads to make something that I would actually wear more, but still I think it’s a nice project and will definitely be making many of this for my niece!


03. DIY PLEATHER BAG




I have to admit that I did this bag many weeks prior to the whole world pandemic situation, and definitely it was a little bit more tricky than the others diys but I feel like the video was well explained so it was easy to follow through. This bag, without a doubt has become my favorite accesorie lately (even better because I made it!). The tassel was another DIY that I made but it’s very simple and doesn’t need many skills apart from sewing. You can follow the tutorial here.


04. DIY REUSABLE MAKEUP REMOVER PADS












This is the perfect time to try and do the projects you’ve been wanting to do for so long, so here’s one of my favorites! Honestly, when I made mine I didn’t follow any tutorial, I just simply cut some square pieces of an old towel and a sheet that had holes and then sewed it all up using zig zag stitch and that was it! But, if you need a tutorial, here’s this one that is very simple.

Great thing about this project is that you don't need a sewing machine! You can absolutely sew this pads by hand, although it might take a little bit more time, it's a great evening project: prepare yourself a cup of tea and a put on a show that you really enjoy and you're done. This pads are super soft and work great for removing makeup or to apply things like toner. I use them almost every single day. Give this diy a go because it's eco-friendly too!



05. DIY RECYCLED JOURNAL


I know that march doesn’t seem like a normal month to start bullet journaling, but it might be helpful for the mental health of many people! I know that making your own journal from scratch doesn’t seem very useful because it’s easier go outside and buy one, but since you already have the time and you’re likely to have the supplies at home, why don’t give it a try?



I did this tutorial a year ago, and I’m still surprised on how good this journal has lasted. For the cover I used a scrap of a soft pleather fabric that I had in my stash and has lasted incredibly well, but obviously you can use whatever you like (or have on hand!) I used recycled white paper for the inside and also a cardboard folder, strong thread and some strong glue and A LOT of time a patience. Give it a try if you’re feeling like having a journal made by yourself is just more special.

I hope you can try at least one of this projects this weekend at home, because keeping the brain entertained by learning something new is a great way to keep it strong! If you tried any of this DIY please, let me know in the comments! Hope you’re staying safe, happy and sane at home!








You May Also Like

0 Comments