Capsule Makeup Guide | Minimalist Makeup Guide for Beginners

by - July 25, 2018

I feel like 2018 might be my year to start focusing more on being minimalist. I've been trying but now I'm ready to make some cool changes in my life. Therefore, here I am telling you that you can achieve a minimalist makeup bag with only 10 products for your everyday makeup. I know, 10 products seems a lot for the word "minimalist" but for a beauty junkie like me, 10 products are actually minimal.






There are some things that you have to take in consideration when building your "capsule makeup" and those things are: WHAT DO YOU WANT TO LOOK LIKE. For example, I don't feel like I need to use liquid foundation everyday, with a BB Cream or powder foundation I'm good to go, but making my eyes look bigger is a MUST when it comes to makeup for me, to make my face look more balanced. See? We all have different things that we want to hide or enhance, so make sure you know what are your factions to enhance and what are the things you can skip and what are the things that you don't want to skip before choosing the products for your capsule makeup. Without further ado, here's what I think a capsule makeup is:


THE BASE                                                                 

So, let's start with the important thing: Our base. Our foundation to make everything look more neat in the end. I don't really suffer with bad acne, rosacea or any other skin concern. So I'm pretty good using only a BB Cream for everyday because I like to feel like my skin is hydrated during the day and I like to even out my skintone.  I was using a liquid foundation before, but realized that I don't need that much of "coverage" so I opted for something lighter with benefits for my skin and easy to remove.

CONCEAL

I have pretty dark under eyes (hello there, motherhood) so I KNOW that I have to correct before conceal. I use a peachy corrector and then I use a concealer a little lighter than my skin tone to cover that peachiness and bring light to my eyes.


SET EVERYTHING

I use a loose powder to set my base and concealer in place all day. I'm not oily, but I honestly don't like to retouch my makeup on daily basis, so I do the baking technique to make the best out of my products. You can use a compact powder for this step too instead of a loose powder.

BRONZER + BLUSH

I absolutely love blushes, even more if they are in cream form because they look more natural. However, I feel like when I put bronzer on instead of blush in a rush I feel more defined because depending on the bronzer you use, you can contour at the same time. I use a powder bronzer without any glitter in it to make it look more natural.

HIGHLIGHT                                                          

I like to bring a little bit of dimension to my face, and since I'm bronzing/contouring I like to also bring light to my face. Honestly, for daytime and normal makeup I won't put a strobing highlighter with tons of sparks. I like things more subtle and easy. So I will opt for a liquid/cream highlighter that is very subtle but stil does the job.

EYES                                                                        

I love to make my eyes look bigger. Therefore I know that a mascara is a must. I like to make my eyelashes long and with a lot of volume, so that's the formula I'll choose.

Then, I like to multitask. The bronzer that I use for my face, I also use it as an "everyday eye-shadow" to give my eyes a little bit of dimension.

If I'm really looking for dimension, I will always have a kohl brown eyeliner that I can easily blend with my fingers to give more depth to my eyes and also use it as an eyeliner. I choose brown because its not as harsh as the black one for daytime.

I also keep a nude/white eyeliner to make my eyes look bigger and brighter, so they are the main focus of my face.

A brown brow gel to tame my eyebrows very quick is a must. I don't keep a clear one because my eyebrows have sparse hairs, so I like to fill them in a little with the brow gel.

LIPS                                                                         

For my lips I honestly just use a regular lipstick that I know it will look good with anything, basically. So I will keep a nude lipstick (nothing red, orange or too crazy) and maaaaaybe a lipbalm, but I don't really suffer from dry lips, so I'll probably just keep the lipstick.


And that's it guys. Those are the products for my "Capsule Makeup" that I will definitely use to have a decent makeup for the day. Do you think you can have a capsule makeup? Leave me your thoughts on the comments below!!

You May Also Like

3 Comments

  1. Anonymous7/08/2022

    Nice Post ! It is useful to me Cosmetics Packaging Box

    ReplyDelete
  2. face foundation covers skin blemishes, providing a smoother finish and a healthy glow. One with natural coverage will improve your skin tone and leave you with an even complexion. Ingredients included in some quality foundations also act to actively improve the underlying skin tone, increasing your natural radiance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/24/2022

    Wow, nice article. I really appreciate it. Get the Eyeliner price under 100 at MakeupOcean.

    ReplyDelete